RJ TextEd is a complete programming and text-based editor with support for Unicode, with which you work on your HTML files, PHP or any other text-based format very comfortably.
RJ TextEd includes several features to facilitate your daily work, such as auto-code labels or the use of a colourful syntax-highlighting depending upon the language you're programming in.
With this excellent text editing application, you also have access to a code validator, a spell checker and a number of predefined templates. RJ TextEd also has a CSS editor and an FTP client.
Features of RJ TextEd
- Advanced sorting
- Autocomplete: completes words.
- Autocomplete for syntax: can be changed in the Options > Syntax menu.
- CSS and HTML preview using internal IE, Firefox 4 and Chrome browsers.
- CSS and HTML wizards
- Code folding
- Column mode
- Convert between code pages, Unicode formats and text formats.
- FTP and SFTP client with synchronization.
- File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager...
- Handles both ASCII and binary files.
- Multi edit and multi select.
- Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature.
- Unicode and ANSI code page detection.
Compatibility and License
RJ TextEd is provided under a freeware license on Windows from text editors with no restrictions on usage. Download and installation of this PC software is free and 15.83.1 is the latest version last time we checked.
Rickard Johansson accepts donations for the continued development of this free software.
What version of Windows can RJ TextEd run on?
RJ TextEd can be used on a computer running Windows 11 or Windows 10. Previous versions of the OS shouldn't be a problem with Windows 8 and Windows 7 having been tested. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit downloads.
- RJ TextEd Download
- Free Text Editors
- Portable Software
- Text Editing Software